May 12, 2023 Julia Haberecht
Baking bread: What are the types of flour?
Baking bread: an introduction to the different types of flour.
Bake your own bread at home! It's an ancient tradition practiced in many cultures and countries around the world. But what are the different types of flour and how does it affect the taste and texture of the bread? In this blog article, we'll look at the different types of flour that can be used for baking bread.
Flour types at a glance
Baking bread is an art that many people love. In order to bake a good bread, it is important to use the right type of flour. There are different types of flour that can be used for different types of bread. Here is a list of the most common types of flour:
- White flour: White flour is the most commonly used to bake bread. It has a low protein content and is best for soft, fine breads.
- Whole wheat flour: Whole wheat flour is a healthy option because it contains all the components of the grain fruit. It has a high protein content and is best for hearty breads.
- Rye flour: Rye flour is a dark type of flour that has a nutty flavor. It has a high protein content and is best for hearty breads.
- Spelt flour: Spelt flour is a light type of flour that has a sweet taste. It has a medium protein content and is best for soft breads.
- Mixed flour: Mixed flour is a mixture of different types of flour. It has a medium protein content and is best for hearty breads.
Which type of flour should I use?
Choosing the right type of flour depends on the type of bread you want to bake. For soft, fine breads, white flour is best, while hearty breads are best baked with rye flour or whole wheat flour. For a sweet bread, spelt flour is recommended, while mixed flour is best for savory breads.
There are a variety of different flours that are suitable for baking bread. Every baker should consider which type of flour best suits his or her recipe. Depending on the use of the flour, you can choose from wheat flour, rye flour, spelt flour, emmer flour, oat flour, barley flour, corn flour, rice flour and other types of flour. Each type of flour has its own properties and advantages, which should be taken into account when baking bread.
It is important to choose the right type of flour for baking bread to get the best results. A good bread requires the right combination of flour, water, yeast and spices. With the right type of flour, you can bake a delicious and aromatic bread that everyone will enjoy.
Valoriani Indirect preassembled, white
Bakehouse Fontana Gusto made of weatherproof stainless steel, indirect firing, three baking levels of 80x45cm each.
3-4 pizzas professional best suited for:
4.9 of 5 stars
Variants from €3,149.00*
1-2 pizzas berginners best suited for:
4.9 of 5 stars
€1,349.00* save9% €1,490.00*